The tissues of the gums, tongue, or cheek lining are vulnerable to accidents like sports injuries, bites, or scalding liquids.
If you have an injury to the soft tissue of your mouth, you should:
- Rinse out your mouth with salt water
- Remove any visible debris
- Contain bleeding by pressing a clean, damp material to the area for about ten to 15 minutes
Injuries and infections of the soft tissue of the mouth may sometimes require immediate attention.
Seek immediate care when:
- you have a gum abscess, a pus-filled sac caused by infection
- You have something lodged in your gums that cannot be easily taken out, as it can cause infection
Seek emergency care if the bleeding doesn’t stop after ten to 15 minutes.
Looking for a Dentist in Tucson? Call 520-722-2992
Other Articles You May Be Interested In